Sunday, August 14, 2011

American Armsport Association





My interest in Strength Sports started at an early age. I started training in middle school with the purpose of improving my abilities on the football field. It wasn't until several years after I stopped playing football that I started to participate in competitive strength sports. My first entry in to strength sports was when I walked in to Bushwhackers Country Bar in Ralston Nebraska the night of an armature armwrestling tournament. I took second place that night with more that a dozen guys in my weight class. More importantly I met Mary McConnaughey, who became a life long friend and was the person who taught me how to armwrestle. For the next 10 years I competed in the American Armsport Association contest in Nebraska and Iowa.

AAA or the American Armsport Association is 1 of the 2 major armwrestling sanctioning bodies in the United States. It was originally called the American Armwrestling Association, but later changed under the advice of the IOC. AAA is the United States affiliate for the WAF or the World Armwrestling Federation. AAA was founded over 40 years ago by Bob O'Leary. Today Frank and Karen Bean serve as the associations Executive Directors. AAA governs the rules and regulations for the sport in the United States and is the largest promoting force for the sport in the USA.


I have not armwrestled since 2003 but maybe in 2012 I will have a one night only comeback!




American Armsport Association
http://www.armsport.com/w.armsport.com/

Email - armsport@usit.net
(423)272-6162

No comments:

Post a Comment