Monday, November 28, 2011

GRIP4ORCE



It’s no secret I think grip training is an important part of strength training. Over the years I have collect a lot of equipment dedicated to grip training. Let’s face it no matter if you are into powerlifting, strongman, armwrestling, MMA, weightlifting or training because your career demands it – Grip is an important aspect. At the end of the day you are only as strong as your hands allow you to be.


One of the latest additions to my grip arsenal is Grip4orce. Grip4orce is a set of handles that go over any traditional bar, dumbbell or weightlifting handles to make it thicker – Or is it? At first glance Grip4orce looks like another multi use tool that increases diameters, and reduces the need and expensive of Fat Bars. Well let’s look a little closer. Many of products in this category secure firm to the bar and don’t come off. I have some of these and they serve a purpose. The appeal of Grip4orce for me was that it requires you to supply press to secure the grip. So not only do you have the challenge of the added size but you also have to supply the pressure to keep the handle closed. I have been experimenting with my Grip4orce for the last several weeks and have found there are endless ways to use the Grip4orce. I used it on straight bars, dumbbells, ropes, handles, as a gripper, and have event used it to pinch and hold various objects including my discus.
The Grip itself is broken down in to 3 basic parts.
1. Power grip
2. Pinch grip
3. Static grip
Using the Grip4force you can work multiple facets of the grip in a single exercise. You can exercise your crushing power, your pinch strength and your static pressure. This is because everytime you use it you must not only tackle the thickness, but have to supply the pressures to pinch it shut and hold it closed through out the movement.

The Grip4orce comes in two models – Regular and Stiff. It also comes in a variety of colors – Black, Blue, Red, Gold and Pink. I ordered a stiff and regular set in Black and Pink.
My daughter who is a goalie on her soccer team used the regular pink set as grippers. This is helping her improve her grip strength and make her a better goalie.
The other really cool thing about Grip4orce is that they Donation 10% of their sales of the Pink Grip4forces to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer.

I also had a chance to talk with Jim Hartman the owner of Grip4orce. He is a second-generation old school lifter and a great guy! He originally designed the Grip4orce because of a need he had in his own gym in Ohio. They really put ton of effort in to engineering and selecting the material to ensure the Grip4orce work properly for the life of the product.
I love my Grip4orce and seem to keep finding new things to pick up with it!
To learn more or order your own set.
Check out Grip4orce at www.grip4orce.com

1 comment:

  1. I got a chance to try one of the Grip4orce handles at a grip contest last month and was really impressed with how much harder it made a one hand deadlift on a barbell. I'm not new to grip training - been training grip over 11 years now - so it takes a bit to impress me.

    ReplyDelete